Internet Download Manager is software that helps you while you are downloading games or any file from the Internet, increasing the download speed up to five times. But this is not the only feature that this complete tool provides. You can resume, or even schedule when the program has to start getting something. As well as this, if you have any kind of connection problems, such as network problems, unexpected power outages, computer shutdowns or lost connections, it will restart the interrupted process.
It segments the file you want to get and saves the parts that the program has already transferred, guaranteeing you high-speed performance and a very good final result
Internet Download Manager, or IDM (as other users prefer to call it), works in a very interesting way: it segments the game or the file that you want to get and saves the parts the program has already transferred. In this way, it can guarantee you high-speed performance and a very good final result. It supports firewalls, redirects, proxy servers, cookies, authorization, ftp and http protocols, MPEG video, and MP3 audio. It can be integrated into the commonest browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Opera, and it can also be incorporated into other less-used ones such as Netscape, Avant Browser or MyIE2.
Other interesting characteristics
IDM includes other interesting features such as the possibility of hanging up or shutting down your computer when the downloading process is over. It also includes multilingual support, Scheduler Pro, and Zip Preview to check if it’s the file you want, queue processor, and HTML help and tutorial. Although it can look a bit complicated, it’s really easy to use but, as with similar software, you will find that it presents huge possibilities even for advanced users. Internet Download Manager guarantees you that every task done online is done in a secure way thanks to its improved virus protection.
The latest version offers Windows 8.1 compatibility and it adds a download panel for Web players, which helps you to get flash videos from different webpages such as MySpaceTV. It features a video-page grabber, MMS protocol support, and a redeveloped scheduler. There are other improvements and changes in this version such as a redesigned and enhanced engine, increased integration with IE and IE 11 browsers, and an improved toolbar, among others.
Internet Download Manager 6.25 Build 23 Features
IDM includes the following features, classic among the accelerators:
- It divides the files or even the games you want to transfer into different streams
- Drag-and-drop friendly process (choose the link you want and drop it into the program)
- Automatic virus protection to ensure that the files are free from Trojans and viruses
- Schedule the transfer process (hang up or shut down your PC after finishing it)
- It restarts the process if there are any connection problems such as network problems, unexpected power outages, computer shutdowns or lost connections
- Firewalls, redirects, proxy servers, cookies, authorization, ftp and http protocols, MPEG video and MP3 audio are supported
- The possibility of integrating it with common browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer (increased integration for IE and IE 11), Opera
- The new version features a web-players video grabber, MMS protocol support, and a redeveloped scheduler
- A redesigned and enhanced built-in engine
- An improved graphic and intelligent toolbar
- Multilingual support
- HTML help and tutorial is included
- A recently acquired files list to facilitate you in the task of searching for them
- Negotiate, Basic, Kerberos and NTLM authentication protocols supported
If you want to read more about this software, feel free to do so at the developers’ website
If you want to download Internet Download Manager, we recommend that you check the system requirements beforehand:
- Operating system: Windows NT or higher
- Processor: Pentium IV or 1.2 GHz or compatible
- RAM: 512 MB
- HDD: 12 MB of free disk space