Adobe Photoshop CS6 is photo-editing software developed by Adobe. This program is available for both Windows PC and Mac. Although Photoshop is designed for professional work, it can also be used to fix your images even if you've never used this kind of program before. New users can perform simple adjustments to their photos, while other more complex tasks may require some tutorials first. However, practice can be more useful than tutorials, so we strongly recommend that you spend a couple of hours experimenting to improve your outcomes, instead of just watching video tutorials on the Internet.
Adobe Photoshop CS6 offers re-imagined tools, interface improvements and a new graphics engine that works faster than ever
This CS6 version brings powerful improvements and new tools to improve your editing. The program uses the new Adobe Mercury Graphics Engine, which makes your work go faster than ever, regardless of whether you work with Mac or Windows. It also has Auto-Recovery options and a new Background Save feature. It also offers re-imagined tools and some new ones. For instance, the Crop tool allows you to easily change the shape or size of your images, and the Content-Aware Move tool allows you to move or extend elements in order to change your composition. New Blur Gallery filters allow you to create custom blurs such as tilt-shift blur, field blur, or iris blur.
Additionally, Adobe Photoshop CS6 allows you to edit video files, although it doesn't have the complex tools of other specialized video-editing software such as Adobe Premiere. Its new Adobe Media Encoder allows you to export your videos by choosing from a wide range of presets. Popular formats such as MPEG4 or H.264 are included.
How to Use
Adobe Photoshop CS6 keeps the same intuitive interface as in previous versions. Its workflow has been improved, but it is still layer-based. Filters, effects and preferences are located in a toolbar right above the canvas. The right-hand section shows the layers or channels and other layer adjustment options such as curves and color balance, as well as other minor adjustments such as blending modes or opacity. You can manage your videos using the new Video Groups feature in the layers panel. This automatically holds your clips to make things easier when you edit different parts of a video. The left-hand toolbar displays every tool you need in order to fix an image, such as brushes, erasers, magic wand, stamps, etc.
This software can be used for loads of different purposes: you are free to change the brightness of a photo, fix red eyes, or remove some undesirable element in the background. Of course this is just the tip of the iceberg, as Photoshop can be used to generate stunning digital artworks using custom brushes, shapes, cropping tools and filters as well as to modify supported images.
Adobe Photoshop CS6 Features
Check the features of this program before you download it:
- Compatible with Adobe Touch Apps and files from previous standard editions such as CS3, CS4 and CS5
- Camera RAW 7: take advantage of this powerful plug-in and control the quality of your photos using Raw files
- Mercury Graphics Engine: work on your images faster than ever with this new graphics engine
- Video-editing features: edit your videos as you do with photos and export them using popular formats such as H.264 or MPEG4
- Expanded and re-imagined tools: try the new crop tools, content-aware tools, blur tools and many more
- Download new assets and templates for quick productivity and additional retouching functionality for the users
- Advanced and faster 3D image edition motor improving the system’s performance with excellent precision to apply
If you are interested in Adobe Photoshop CS6 and need further information before you get the installer, feel free to check the official website.
The minimum system components required to download and run this program are:
- Operating system: Windows XP 32-bit or 64-bit or higher
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4 or AMD equivalent
- Graphic Card: OpenGL 2.0 support
- Memory: 1GB RAM or higher
- Hard disk: 1 GB free space available